A Fresh Take On Fake
Identify what fraud looks like, tools to use, best systems and practices!
Multifamily housing is no stranger to the effects of fraud. It can start at the leasing doorstep. In response, many federal, state and local authorities have implemented legislation targeting fraudsters, but first you have to catch them. Let's discuss old fraud, new fraud and how you can protect your communities. Gone are the days of relying solely on the results of a background check, but the tools for success are plentiful. We will discuss trending pitfalls and proactive measures that assist in mitigating company risks and reputation.
- If Scammers are everywhere, what should we be looking for?
- Fake Driver’s License
- Synthetic Id’s
- CPN numbers
- Altered Paystubs
- Your grandma just completed your rental reference
- Average $ of a fraud incident
- # of PMC that have experienced fraud
- Never Step Down: Consider new mindsets about resident qualification tools and their emerging technology trends.
- Tools: ID Scan, Resident screening options, Bank Verified income and Statements, Rental References
- Obey good intelligence: Set your criteria – understand what info you are receiving – don’t deviate from company policies
- Individualized assessment: Ask for supporting documentation
- Identify effective strategies for mitigating risks and reputation by implementing individualized assessments policies.
Join us for this 1-Hour virtual seminar to better protect yourself and your business! The seminar is via zoom. You will recieve the link to join via email upon registration.
Special thank you to Amber Taylor, Ali Kaid, and Ashli Allen!