Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT)
Earning your Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) validates your knowledge, enhances your reputation and credibility, boosts your confidence and earns you respect.
The CAMT program is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), a private non-profit organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. Classes for this session begin January 20th. See the flyer with full date info below.
You'll learn about:
- Processing work orders correctly in a timely fashion, and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule
- Repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors.
To obtain the CAMT credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience. (This can be obtained while taking the course, you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of all CAMT coursework
- Pass the examination
CAMT Course Flyer
CAMT CANDIDATE HANDBOOK
About the CAMT Exam
The next offering of the CAMT program will begin in January. Member pricing is $950 for the series or $250 per module.