And the list keeps growing!
The Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Apartment Association (GCNKAA) is an industry trade association whose members develop, own, manage, and provide products and services to apartment communities. Being apart of the association comes with many benefits. As a Primary Member (Owner/Operator), most major benefits can be grouped into the 5 categories below!
While this page covers a lot of benefits, it doesn't cover all and we are always working with members to expand benefits. You can reach out to any of the association staff to learn more or ask about specific benefits!
We strive to offer best-in-industry training and education for our members across a wide spectrum of topics! We'll get into the details all the way at a local level as well as offer courses that are applicable everywhere.
Taking training with us not only means you'll be getting a great product, but most members save thousands by going through us! We help you avoid paying large expenses for LMS Systems or traveling trainers. This also allows you to focus your team on core business practices rather than expending large amounts of energy
National designations recognized and respected throughout the nation:
- CAM Certified Apartment Manager
- CAPS Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor
- NALP National Apartment Leasing Professional
- CAMT Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician
- EPA 608 Certification
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator)
Seminar Topic Preview
- Fair Housing
- Leasing & Sales
- Maintenance Hands On
- Microsoft Office
- And even more!
Information & More
- Connect with a network of professionals in your industry to learn from.
- GCNKAA publishes and distributes a monthly e-newsletter, The Apartment Advantage, to better inform and educate our membership.
- The Annual Expo and Trade Show provides educational, business and social opportunities to more than 1,500 member participants.
Lobbying & Advising
GCNKAA monitors, supports and opposes any local issues on legislation that will affect the multi-family industry. We also establish relationships with the proper entities to lend thoughts & advice to help promote our industry. The larger our association, the more weight and resources we have in this arena. Important topics include Bed Bugs, Chronic Nuisance Ordinance, Photo Electric Smoke Alarm, Mandatory Inspection Ordinance with Fees, Fire Hazards, Sub Metering, Solid Waste/Signage, Development and many more local, state and national issues.
We build working relationships with elected officials, as well as endorse and make contributions through the GCNKAA PAC (Political Action Committee) to political candidates who are friendly to the industry.
Keeping You Informed
By keeping our nose to the ground and eye on the ball we are always aware of changes in the landscape. We keep all our members informed so they can make proper adjustments with their businesses.
Membership in the association grants access to an ever-changing pool of resources for your immediate access as well as access to invaluable data and research.
Access to post on the GCNKAA job board. The best place to hire and apply for jobs in this industry for our region!
The Housing Mediation Service offers help for owners, managers and residents who have disagreements with each other over housing issues- and there is no charge for the service.
Through Housing Mediation Service, those disputes, disagreements, and/or perceptions of bias can be clarified and resolved in a confidential, informal, but structured process. Improved communication leads to safer, more stable and desirable communities.
Over 90% of the cases mediated by Housing Mediation Service have been resolved successfully!
Industry & Owner
- Workers Comp Program
- Employee compensation surveys
- Industry reports from the national & local level
- Financial Forum Reports
- ESA Info & NAA Toolkit
- Bedbug Training Manual
- Methamphetamine Awareness PDF
- and more!
Publications & Others
- Social Media & Website exposure on our platforms.
- Monthly Newsletter with the latest in Multi-Family news and association updates
- The GCNKAA Membership Directory is an exclusive “Members Only” publication produced yearly. The Membership Directory lists all Primary members and Associate members of the GCNKAA and also includes a Community Index, Products & Services section and Main Contact section with names, company and phone number. Each member company receives one Membership Directory
GCNKAA participates in community service projects through the Apartment Association Outreach. We have an annual Fundraiser Benefit, Canned Food Drive, Back to School Supplies Drive, Rental Assistance Program, Projects for Senior Citizens and Education Scholarships.
There is no better hub for networking in our great industry than the GCNKAA & it's events. From super serious like our Business Exchange, to super causal like our B&B Riverboat Cruise! Networking offers a plethora of benefits, providing opportunities to connect with professionals in various industries, share knowledge, and exchange ideas. It can lead to new partnerships, collaborations, and potential career advancements, ultimately enhancing one's personal and professional growth.